Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers For Algernon......

If you were given a choice to have an operation that would make you much smarter, would you do it, especially if you knew the effects of the surgery would only be temporary? Why or why not? Use examples from the story.
If i had a choice to have that operation, I would not be willing to do the operation especially of my own knowing of it only being temporary. My first reason is that why take an operation that is going to make me super smart I would not be normal because in reality no one is that smart be can become intelligent but by learning and taking time to get all of that knowledge. Why would i want to be smart and feel all of that knowledge going through my brain and absorbing all of it if i know that one day it is all going to be gone.
Second, What would it be worth for me getting some smart people to open up my head do some kind of operation to fix me up in their, but if it will only last a while then what would be the point of going through all of that trouble by the time i would learn all of the things that i need to learn my days of being intelligent would be numbered. Those are my two resons why i would not take the operation!

6 comments:

  1. Good reasons
    but then u'd be smarter than me
    and that's no fun ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job ernie!
    i agree with you.
    fix some spelling mistakes and that's all.
    :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. good reasons! :)
    I see your way, keep up da good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job ernie. I agree with u. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good reasons
    you just need to fix spelling...
    but other then that
    it is a good response :)

    ReplyDelete